- SSR: Server-Side Rendering – rendering a client-side or universal app to HTML on the server.
- CSR: Client-Side Rendering – rendering an app in a browser, generally using the DOM.
- Prerendering: running a client-side application at build time to capture its initial state as static HTML.
- TTFB: Time to First Byte – seen as the time between clicking a link and the first bit of content coming in.
- FP: First Paint – the first time any pixel gets becomes visible to the user.
- FCP: First Contentful Paint – the time when requested content (article body, etc) becomes visible.
- TTI: Time To Interactive – the time at which a page becomes interactive (events wired up, etc).